The Story so far...
...that of taking something standard and improving it. Uniting all this in a belief that the riding experience and the stories that go with motorcycle journeys seem to have been sanitized by technology and plastic. We took all this, wrote the design brief and started 'Mac Motorcycles'.
I met Mark Wells & Ian Wride at Xenophya Design whilst working in the North East. This gave us a chance to indulge our respective obsessions with motorcycles over copious mugs of tea and biscuits (Rich Tea). Wearing a groove in the road between Worcestershire and Northumberland every week gave me ample opportunity to cogitate my project whilst dodging the sales reps, the speed cameras and the neverending Nottinghamshire roadworks on the M1. A collaboration was born...
• Simple to maintain.
• Nothing surplus-to-requirements.
• Chopper and bobber references/details.
• The lines of a rigid frame but with suspension.
• Use a Buell 'Blast' motor and exploit its shape.
• Harley posture, flat-tracker manners, Ducati handling.
• Exploit the power-to-weight ratio of a 500cc single in a lightweight chassis.
• A return to the spirit of motorcycling - the journey is the experience / story.